Tuesday, July 10, 2012

2010 Bowman Sterling Yasmani Grandal Autograph #YG

My brother took this photo.
It was probably right around this time last year that I started to track Yasmani Grandal's career in the minor leagues. Part of it was because I purchased his 2010 Bowman Sterling autograph card during a contest I was trying to win. The goal of the contest was to sell the card within one year for a profit. I ended up making 40 or 50 cents on the re-sale ... and I was happy at the time.

When I found out he hit a bunch of HR's in his first couple of at bats ... I wish I had kept it.

Turns out it wasn't a bad sale, as the card sells for about as much now as it did last year because it's not one of his real early autographs. However, I bet his early Bowman autograph rookie (found in 2010 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects) are selling strong. I wish I had bought one back last summer when I saw him play during a minor league game. He was in the Cincinnati Reds organization, so I saw him play for the Bakersfield Blaze. Grandal has a big upper body, perfectly built for being a catcher. I'll probably pick up one of his cards after the hype of his MLB debut kind of wears off. I bet he has a really nice career if he can stay healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment