Saturday, September 1, 2012

2012 Topps Finest Mohamed Sanu Autograph Relic #/100

With the preseason all wrapped up, now is the last chance you get to scoop up rookies before the real bright lights come on during the regular season. Not only that, but when fantasy football kicks off around the country at the same time, fans across all leagues are going to be looking for those 'sleeper' WR's that can get you some production in deeper leagues. Remember how Randall Cobb blew up after a big game last season?

If you've been following the blog, you know that Mohamed Sanu is off my sleeper list since I've been writing about his cards since the first sets came out this season. While I haven't gone off the deep end and drafted him in my fantasy league - I have been lucky enough to land a few of his cards from my wishlist.

The latest card I'm going to add is from 2012 Topps Finest Football. I don't know yet if I will get the jumbo relic version (seen here), or the smaller patch relic ... or there is even an on-card autograph version that is somewhat expensive because collectors really like those cards. As of today, this card can be had for about $9.00 ... which is at the tip of my range, considering Armon Binns and Brandon Tate have been seeing some run for the Bengals - and it might cut into Sanu's playing time. However, the team did cut Jordan Shipley - so he'll certainly see some playing time, especially as the season wears on . I'm thinking if the WR depth on the Bengals stays healthy, he probably won't see much action - and it should keep his cards in the affordable range. I don't see him going off for 1,000 yards, so this same card might be $9 bucks at the end of the season ... we'll see.

Either way, I'm happy I got a few cards of Sanu's before the season just in case, as last season A.J. Green and Andy Dalton started taking off in values before I could buy enough of them. If he does get off to a fast start, at least I got a few before they get out of my budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment