Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Holiday Spending Spree On PreSale Boxes (Wish)

After taking a look at the upcoming products on the Release Date Calendar - I was thinking to myself how wonderful it would be to have a few thousand to spend on some boxes. Sure would heat up the winter even though its never too cold where I live.

For This Month - October - Here is what I would buy:
2010 Topps Chrome Football
2010 Topps Update & Highlights Baseball
2010 Just Minors Jersey Baseball
2010/11 Panini Limited Basketball

I love Just Minors Jersey baseball where you get an entire jersey signed - pretty cool idea - and they have been doing it for a while. Wish the 'bigger' companies would do something like that. I think Update & Highlights Baseball will be very cool this year - and a fun break if you bust boxes. I might actually open some packs of Limited Basketball and Topps Chrome Football if I can find them in town.

November would really be a large tab - some cool stuff this month.
2010 Upper Deck SPx Football
2010 Bowman Chrome Baseball
2010 Topps Triple Threads Football
2010/11 Panini Rookies & Stars Basketball
2010 Topps Unrivaled Football 
2010/11 Panini Threads Basketball
2010 Press Pass Five Star Racing

I've got to say. I watch Daytona every year and I know who Dale Jr and Jeff Gordon are ... but that's about it ... that being said I'd love to pop some Press Pass 5 Star Racing - looks cool. Lots of good football sets this month - if some key RC's play well going into this month - expect to pay big $$ for some of these sets.

December - Got to save some money for gifts, but I'll pretend the bankroll is unlimited.
2010 Topps UFC Knockout
2010 Topps Prime Football
2010/11 Panini Timeless Treasures Basketball
2010/11 Upper Deck SP Authentic Basketball
2010 Upper Deck World of Sports

December ends up being a cool month for some 'other' sports - like UFC Knockout is a nice looking premium UFC set. World of Sports has Tiger Woods, Micheal Jordan and many other athletes. I love basketball - and I think SP Authentic and Panini Timeless Treasures will be good bball products at the end of the year.


There are lots more sets than this ... these are just what I would choose. Topps Sterling and Bowman Sterling Baseball (among others) come out too - but I've never really got into baseball as much as football & basketball cards. If you've got a big budget, I would expect you will have lots of fun spending it in the coming months. If you are like me and have a small budget for cards - there will be lots of single cards flooding the market during/after this great run of releases, so there will be plenty to go after. Should be a fun winter for collectors ---- and best of luck to those that really do try their luck at a few of these boxes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment